In this guide, you will learn what is section 8? You will learn steps in the process of renting for tenants in the program.
What is Section 8?
The Section 8 Housing or Housing Choice Voucher Program is a housing assistance program funded by the Federal HUD Agency. This program is operated at the local state level by public housing authorities.
Image Source: Google
Generally, tenants will pay around 30% of the rent and section 8 will pay the rest. Vouchers are good for housing 1, 2, or 3 bedrooms based on family size.
1) You advertise the property as "section 8 Welcome".
2) Prospective tenants fill your application and you verify their vouchers match how many bedrooms you offer, they have the available deposits now, and they also have requests for rental approval forms.
3) You screen it the same as you will be another tenant.
4) You choose a prospective tenant after a satisfactory screening.
5) You and prospective tenants fill out requests for rental approval forms and send forms to your local housing authority.
6) After the rent request is approved the next step is for the agency to schedule your lease safety inspection.
By following this "section 8 landlords guide information about what is expected". You will know what the program is. And you will be able to make a decision based on information about whether you want to participate or not.