Psychological counseling and therapy involve developing a personal relationship between you and the therapist. Finding the right psychotherapist is an important first step in this process.
When considering licensed psychotherapy in Silicon Valley, there are several considerations to consider, including location, cost, and area of specialization. By asking the right questions in advance, you can decide whether to schedule an early appointment with a particular therapist or not.
Image Source: Google
Do you know anyone who has had therapy or worked on the spot? See if you can get a referral or recommendation for a psychotherapist in your area.
If you have questions, most therapists are ready to answer them over the phone before making the initial appointment. Questions for your psychotherapist:
* Ask about the therapist's various experiences. Does the therapist specialize in a topic that interests you? How long have the therapists been practicing in the field?
* How often do you schedule meetings? Are there any appointments that fit into your schedule?
* How do you determine the duration of the consultation process? Does the therapist offer individual, family, and group sessions?
* How long is each session?
* Do the therapists accept insurance? What payment methods do you accept? When is the payment due?
Don't be afraid you won't like the therapist if you ask. You are the user and the therapist provides you the service. With this in mind, exclude psychotherapists who refuse to discuss rules, clarify, or listen to your opinion if you have concerns.